Public Meeting Notices
|2016 Wage Info|
• AMW Statutory
Max - $4,428.91
• Arizona Minimum Wage - $8.05
• Get Info:2015 Az Minimum Wage
• Get Info:2016 Az Minimum Wage
• Get Info:2015 Az AMW Max
• Get Info:2016 Az AMW Max
at the ICA
- 05/09/16: Assessment Hearing: There will be a hearing at 1:00 PM on Thursday, June 9, 2016 regarding ½% Additional Assessment Under A.R.S. § 23-1065(F) - details here
- 03/08/16: The 2016 Physicians' & Pharmaceutical Fee Schedule Hearing was held on Thursday, April 28, 2016 at 1:00 PM - click here for information
- 04/25/16: ADOSH hosts seminar on rights & responsibilities of employers before and after an inspection - read the Press Release!
- 04/19/16: ICA Directorate and Commissioners visit VPP Star Raytheon Missile Systems - read the Press Release!
- 04/04/2016: Save the Dates! The Annual Claims Seminar will be held Aug 11-12, 2016 at the Phoenix Hyatt Regency. Details here soon.
- 03/18/16: ICA Day at the Capitol (Mar 14, 2016) a Huge Success! - read the Press Release!
- 03/03/14: AZ Medical Data Report for Service Year 2014 now available - get it here
- 02/22/15: ADOSH Announces 2016 Southern AZ Area Safety Summit in Marana - Apr 13-14 - details here
- 02/05/16: Palo Verde Nuclear Plant Recertified with VPP Star Status by ADOSH - details here
- 01/28/16: Commission publishes revised Notice of Claim Status (Form 104 - Rev 01/2016) - use of new form is mandatory effective March 1, 2016. Details here.
- 01/13/16: Training Webinars in Claims Handling & Processing for Spring 2016 are full! The Fall 2016 schedule will be placed at this link when available.
- 12/22/15: Medical Resource Office [MRO] added to website! Click here to visit.
- 10/16/15: Commission announces Admin & Special Fund Assessment Rates for CY 2016
- 10/15/15: Commission announces Arizona minimum wage will remain $8.05 for CY 2016
- 08/20/15: Claims Division revises internal AMW procedure effective August 24, 2015 - click here for notice
- 07/31/15: Commission posts 2015 Summary of Commission Action regarding Physicians' and Pharmaceutical Fee Schedule.
- 06/29/15: Commission publishes revised Forms 110-A and 110-B - use is required effective July 3, 2015 - click here for details
- 05/22/15: Commission adopts AMW Statutory Max for CY 2016: $4,428.91 - details here
- 05/22/15: On May 22, 2015, Governor Ducey appointed Dale L. Schultz Chairman of the Industrial Commission of Arizona. To review Chairman Schultz's biography, and the biographies of the other commissioners, click here.
- 03/06/15: ICA Issues Notice to WC Stakeholders Regarding Directed Care - details here
- 02/06/15: Federal OSHA Rejects Arizona's Residential Fall Protection Standards - details here
- 12/04/14: NCCI Announces Workers Comp Coverage Verification Service Mobile App! - details here
- 10/17/14: ADOSH adds training classes on Ebola Resources and Fall Protection in Construction. Get revised training schedule in latest edition of the Advocate here.
- 09/23/14: Commission Corrects Code in Surgery Fee Schedule. Click here for details.
- 04/14/14: The Special Fund Insolvent Carrier (SB1310) report has been updated. To view updated report, click here. To view original report see Recent News entry for 12/12/13 below.
- 02/11/13: The Claims Division has developed a procedure for Change of Physician Requests under A.R.S. § 23-1062.02. - details here
- 10/31/12: Claims Division Revises AMW Procedure Effective Dec 3, 2012
- 11/22/11: OSHA Videos Now Available: Preventing Construction Worksite Hazards
- 07/06/11: New Cranes and Derricks, Hexavalent Chromium, and Steel Erection Safety Standards
Molly Jones, Claims Manager
Average Monthly Wage Statutory Maximum Information
Phoenix: 800 W Washington St, Phoenix AZ 85007 - Phone: (602) 542-4661
Tucson: 2675 East Broadway, Tucson AZ 85716 - Phone: (520) 628-5181
FAX (use for either office): (602) 542-3373
Click for Phone List of ICA Divisions
Compensation and death benefits are generally based on the employee's "average monthly wage" at the time of the industrial injury. The maximum average monthly wage has historically been a statutorily stated, specific amount. The Legislature would, from time to time, amend the statute to provide for an increased amount.
The Legislature amended the average monthly wage statute in 2007 to provide for an annual adjustment ("indexing") of the maximum average monthly wage that began with injuries occurring on or after January 1, 2010. See A.R.S. § 23-1041(E). The statute directs the Industrial Commission to adopt an amount that adjusts the maximum average monthly wage by the annual percentage increase in an index. The index originally specified in the statute was “the Arizona mean wage published by the department of economic security using the bureau of labor statistics occupational employment statistics data coded for all occupations for the prior calendar year.” This index was used to adopt the maximum average monthly wage for calendar years 2010 to 2013. The Legislature amended the statute in 2012 and changed the index to, simply, the “Employment Cost Index.” The Employment Cost Index is composed of many different indexes. The Industrial Commission adopted a formal rule in 2013, A.A.C. R20-15-165, to identify the specific index within the Employment Cost Index to be used to adjust the maximum average monthly wage. The rule reads as follows: In using the Bureau of Labor Statistics Employment Cost Index to adopt the amount of an increase to the maximum average monthly wage under A.R.S. § 23-1041(E), the Commission shall use the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Employment Cost Index for Wages and Salaries, for Civilian Workers, by Occupational Group and Industry, All Workers, available at http://www.bls.gov. In essence, the maximum average monthly wage is increased each year by the same percentage increase in the Employment Cost Index for Wages and Salaries, for Civilian Workers, by Occupational Group and Industry, All Workers. The Commission is directed to adopt such an amount by August 1 of each year to be effective for the following calendar year. The Commission applied the new index to adopt the maximum average monthly wage for calendar year 2016.
The table below provides an archive of resolutions the Industrial Commission has adopted to establish the maximum average monthly wage under A.R.S. § 23-1041 as amended.