Public Meeting Notices
|2014 Wage Info|
• AMW Statutory
Max - $4,256.94
• Arizona Minimum Wage - $7.90
• Get Info:2014 Az Minimum Wage
• Get Info:2014 Az AMW Max
at the ICA
- 03/10/14: The 2014 Physicians' & Pharmaceutical Fee Schedule Hearing will be held on Wednesday, April 17, 2014 at 1:00 PM - click here for information
- 01/29/14: Federal OSHA extends comment period for proposed amendments to recordkeeping regulations. For more information, click here.
- 11/27/13: Alert regarding “Final Notice” from “Labor Standards Compliance Office”
- 01/15/14: AZ Medical Data Report for Service Year 2012 now available - details here
- 01/07/14: ADOSH Announces 2014 Regional Safety Summit - Kingman (MoCC--Kingman Campus) - February 19-20 - details here
- 12/12/13: Special Fund Insolvent Carrier (SB1310) Report now available - download here
- 12/02/13: Training Webinars in Claims Handling & Processing - 2014 Schedule Now Available![Sorry - Mar 20-21 dates are full] - details here
- 10/17/13: Commission announces Arizona minimum wage of $7.90 for CY 2014
- 09/05/13: Admin & Special Fund Assessment Rates for CY 2014
- 09/03/13: Commission posts 2013-2014 Physicians' and Pharmaceutical Fee Schedule (Eff Oct 1, 2013) - sign in here to access it
- 08/01/13: Commission posts 2013 Summary of Commission Action regarding Physicians' and Pharmaceutical Fee Schedule.
- 07/10/13: Commission adopts AMW Statutory Max for CY 2014: $4,256.94
- 02/11/13: The Claims Division has developed a procedure for Change of Physician Requests under A.R.S. § 23-1062.02. - details here
- 10/31/12: Claims Division Revises AMW Procedure Effective Dec 3, 2012
- 06/11/12: 2010 Census of Fatal Occupational Injuries [Revised] Available
- 04/27/12: Commission recognizes National Workers' Memorial Day
- 03/29/12: New Arizona-Specific Residential Fall Protection Effective March 27, 2012 - details here
- 11/22/11: OSHA Videos Now Available: Preventing Construction Worksite Hazards
- 10/14/11: Commission announces Arizona minimum wage for CY 2012
- 07/06/11: New Cranes and Derricks, Hexavalent Chromium, and Steel Erection Safety Standards
Kathleen McLeod, Claims Manager
Filing a Claim
Phoenix: 800 W Washington St, Phoenix AZ 85007 - Phone: (602) 542-4661
Tucson: 2675 East Broadway, Tucson AZ 85716 - Phone: (520) 628-5181
FAX (use for either office): (602) 542-3373
Click for Phone List of ICA Divisions
Click here to download form :     Worker's Report of Injury (PDF)
It is the injured worker’s responsibility to file a claim within one year of the date of injury. The injured worker should also notify the employer as soon as possible that a work-related injury has occurred. A claim is made either by filling out and signing a Worker's and Physician's Report of Injury at the doctor’s office or by obtaining a Worker's Report of Injury (use download link directly above to obtain report form) from the ICA, and filing either report with the ICA. Both of these reports constitute a "claim form."
IMPORTANT. Do NOT send forms to the ICA as attachments to emails because this can compromise personal identity information. Instead, send them by postal mail to the Phoenix office address given above or FAX them to the FAX number there.
The employer is required to file an Employer’s Report of Injury; however, this is not a claim. It is only a report of the injury.
When either claim form described above is received by the ICA, the employer’s workers’ compensation insurance carrier is notified of the claim. The carrier has 21 days to accept or deny the claim.
When the ICA receives a claim, a notification letter containing general information is sent to the injured worker. The letter advises who the insurance carrier is and provides general claim information.
If the insurance carrier accepts the claim, it is responsible for payment of compensation and the payment of medical bills in accordance with the Arizona Fee Schedule.
If the insurance carrier denies the claim, the injured worker must file a Request for Hearing within 90 days from the date of the denial notice. For more information on Requests for Hearing, click here. The ICA's Administrative Law Judge Division has all kinds of information on hearings also, including a video presentation. To see what all is available, start here.