Public Meeting Notices
|2015 Wage Info|
• AMW Statutory
Max - $4,337.82
• Arizona Minimum Wage - $8.05
• Get Info:2015 Az Minimum Wage
• Get Info:2015 Az AMW Max
• Get Info:2016 Az AMW Max
at the ICA
- 04/09/15: Commission recognizes National Workers' Memorial Day - see resolution
- 09/25/15: ADOSH Announces 2015 Phoenix Area Safety Summit in Glendale - Nov 4-5 - details here
- 09/21/15: Training Webinars in Claims Handling & Processing for Fall 2015 and early Spring 2016 are set up but Oct/Nov/Dec 2015 webinars are full ! Click here for registration information about remaining dates !
- 08/20/15: Claims Division revises internal AMW procedure effective August 24, 2015 - click here for notice
- 08/17/15: Commission publishes revised Notice of Claim Status (Form 104) - use of new form is mandatory effective November 2, 2015 - click here for details
- 07/31/15: Commission posts 2015 Summary of Commission Action regarding Physicians' and Pharmaceutical Fee Schedule.
- 06/29/15: Commission publishes revised Forms 110-A and 110-B - use is required effective July 3, 2015 - click here for details
- 05/22/15: Commission adopts AMW Statutory Max for CY 2016: $4,428.91 - details here
- 05/22/15: On May 22, 2015, Governor Ducey appointed Dale L. Schultz Chairman of the Industrial Commission of Arizona. To review Chairman Schultz's biography, and the biographies of the other commissioners, click here.
- 03/06/15: ICA Issues Notice to WC Stakeholders Regarding Directed Care - details here
- 02/06/15: Federal OSHA Rejects Arizona's Residential Fall Protection Standards - details here
- 01/20/14: AZ Medical Data Report for Service Year 2013 now available - details here
- 12/16/14: Commission makes corrections to reimbursement values of Medicine Codes added to 2014 Fee Schedule - click here for more information
- 12/09/14: Coming Soon! New Domain Name for Industrial Commission of Arizona. - details here
- 12/04/14: NCCI Announces Workers Comp Coverage Verification Service Mobile App! - details here
- 10/20/14: Commission announces Admin & Special Fund Assessment Rates for CY 2015
- 10/17/14: Commission announces Arizona minimum wage of $8.05 for CY 2015
- 10/17/14: ADOSH adds training classes on Ebola Resources and Fall Protection in Construction. Get revised training schedule in latest edition of the Advocate here.
- 09/23/14: Commission Corrects Code in Surgery Fee Schedule. Click here for details.
- 04/14/14: The Special Fund Insolvent Carrier (SB1310) report has been updated. To view updated report, click here. To view original report see Recent News entry for 12/12/13 below.
- 02/11/13: The Claims Division has developed a procedure for Change of Physician Requests under A.R.S. § 23-1062.02. - details here
- 10/31/12: Claims Division Revises AMW Procedure Effective Dec 3, 2012
- 11/22/11: OSHA Videos Now Available: Preventing Construction Worksite Hazards
- 07/06/11: New Cranes and Derricks, Hexavalent Chromium, and Steel Erection Safety Standards
Kathleen McLeod, Claims Manager
Filing a Claim
Phoenix: 800 W Washington St, Phoenix AZ 85007 - Phone: (602) 542-4661
Tucson: 2675 East Broadway, Tucson AZ 85716 - Phone: (520) 628-5181
FAX (use for either office): (602) 542-3373
Click for Phone List of ICA Divisions
Click here to download form :     Worker's Report of Injury (PDF)
It is the injured worker’s responsibility to file a claim within one year of the date of injury. The injured worker should also notify the employer as soon as possible that a work-related injury has occurred. A claim is made either by filling out and signing a Worker's and Physician's Report of Injury at the doctor’s office or by obtaining a Worker's Report of Injury (use download link directly above to obtain report form) from the ICA, and filing either report with the ICA. Both of these reports constitute a "claim form."
IMPORTANT. Do NOT send forms to the ICA as attachments to emails because this can compromise personal identity information. Instead, send them by postal mail to the Phoenix office address given above or FAX them to the FAX number there.
The employer is required to file an Employer’s Report of Injury; however, this is not a claim. It is only a report of the injury.
When either claim form described above is received by the ICA, the employer’s workers’ compensation insurance carrier is notified of the claim. The carrier has 21 days to accept or deny the claim.
When the ICA receives a claim, a notification letter containing general information is sent to the injured worker. The letter advises who the insurance carrier is and provides general claim information.
If the insurance carrier accepts the claim, it is responsible for payment of compensation and the payment of medical bills in accordance with the Arizona Fee Schedule.
If the insurance carrier denies the claim, the injured worker must file a Request for Hearing within 90 days from the date of the denial notice. For more information on Requests for Hearing, click here. The ICA's Administrative Law Judge Division has all kinds of information on hearings also, including a video presentation. To see what all is available, start here.