s Claims - Request to Change Doctors
Protection of life, health, safety, and welfare of Arizona’s most valuable assets

Location of
Public Meeting Notices

2016 Wage Info
•  AMW Statutory Max - $4,428.91

•  Arizona Minimum Wage - $8.05
(no change from 2015)

•  Get Info:2015 Az Minimum Wage
•  Get Info:2016 Az Minimum Wage
•  Get Info:2015 Az AMW Max
•  Get Info:2016 Az AMW Max

Job Opportunities
at the ICA

Public Notices

Recent News & Events

Claims Division
Request to Change Doctors

Molly Jones, Claims Manager
Email: Claims@azica.gov
Phoenix: 800 W Washington St, Phoenix AZ 85007 - Phone: (602) 542-4661
Tucson: 2675 East Broadway, Tucson AZ 85716 - Phone: (520) 628-5181
FAX (use for either office): (602) 542-3373

Click for Phone List of ICA Divisions

Request to Change Doctors

Click here to download form :     Request to Change Doctors (PDF)

When an injury occurs, an employer has the right to have an injured worker seen by a doctor of the employer’s choice one time. (If the injured worker returns to that physician a second time, that physician becomes the attending physician.)

After the one visit to the employer’s designated physician, the injured worker may report to a physician of his/her choice. Exception: A small number of Arizona employers are self-insured with contracted medical care on file with the ICA. Workers who are injured while in the employ of one of these self-insured employers are required to go to the employers' contracted doctors for all medical care related to the industrial injury.

To determine if an employer is self-insured, contact the ICA Claims Division at (602) 542-4661.

Once an attending physician is selected, there are three ways to change doctors: the attending physician refers the injured worker to another doctor; the insurance carrier approves a change of doctors; or upon written application from the injured worker the ICA approves a change of doctors.

Additionally, if both the injured worker's doctor and insurance company refuse the worker's request to change doctors, the worker may apply to the Industrial Commission for approval to change doctors.