Public Meeting Notices
|2014 Wage Info|
• AMW Statutory
Max - $4,256.94
• Arizona Minimum Wage - $7.90
• Get Info:2014 Az Minimum Wage
• Get Info:2014 Az AMW Max
at the ICA
- 08/22/14: The RFQ for pest control at the ICA's Phoenix location is available on ProcureAZ. - details here.
- 08/20/14: Federal OSHA extends comment period for proposed amendments to recordkeeping regulations to October 14, 2014. For more information, click here.
- 08/01/14: Commission posts 2014 Summary of Commission Action regarding Physicians' and Pharmaceutical Fee Schedule.
- 07/02/14: Annual ICA Claims Seminar (Aug 14-15) is fast approaching and there are deadlines for room and registration! Details here.
- 06/26/14: Commission adopts AMW Statutory Max for CY 2015: $4,337.82 - details here
- 05/23/14: Cool off at the ADOSH Summer Safety Summit in Flagstaff July 23-24 at Sinagua Middle School! OSHA 10-hour classes and over 24 safety presentations planned for Arizona's employers and employees! - details here
- 05/12/14: Annual ICA Claims Seminar is scheduled for August 14-15, 2014 at the Wigwam Resort Hotel in Litchfield Park, AZ. Details now available . . .
- 05/06/14: Arizona responds to Federal OSHA's threat to take action against Arizona state OSHA plan. Click here to read response.
- 04/30/14: Training Webinars in Claims Handling & Processing - Fall 2014 [Sorry - No more Spring webinars] - click for info about Fall classes
- 04/14/14: The Special Fund Insolvent Carrier (SB1310) report has been updated. To view updated report, click here. To view original report see Recent News entry for 12/12/13 below.
- 04/03/14: SCF Companies Become CopperPoint. Details here.
- 03/20/14: Federal OSHA threatens action against Arizona state OSHA plan. Click here to read letter.
- 01/15/14: AZ Medical Data Report for Service Year 2012 now available - details here
- 12/12/13: Special Fund Insolvent Carrier (SB1310) To view report, click here. This report has been updated. To view update, see 04/14/14 Recent News entry above.
- 10/17/13: Commission announces Arizona minimum wage of $7.90 for CY 2014
- 09/05/13: Admin & Special Fund Assessment Rates for CY 2014
- 09/03/13: Commission posts 2013-2014 Physicians' and Pharmaceutical Fee Schedule (Eff Oct 1, 2013) - sign in here to access it
- 07/10/13: Commission adopts AMW Statutory Max for CY 2014: $4,256.94
- 02/11/13: The Claims Division has developed a procedure for Change of Physician Requests under A.R.S. § 23-1062.02. - details here
- 10/31/12: Claims Division Revises AMW Procedure Effective Dec 3, 2012
- 06/11/12: 2010 Census of Fatal Occupational Injuries [Revised] Available
- 04/27/12: Commission recognizes National Workers' Memorial Day
- 03/29/12: New Arizona-Specific Residential Fall Protection Effective March 27, 2012 - details here
- 11/22/11: OSHA Videos Now Available: Preventing Construction Worksite Hazards
- 10/14/11: Commission announces Arizona minimum wage for CY 2012
- 07/06/11: New Cranes and Derricks, Hexavalent Chromium, and Steel Erection Safety Standards
A five-member Commission is responsible for determining the policy of the Industrial Commission of Arizona. Each Commissioner is appointed by the Governor to a five-year staggered term.
The Commissioners serve on a part time basis and meet regularly to conduct business.
In addition to establishing the policy of the Commission, the Commissioners also perform a variety of other functions that include:
- Approving the issuance of occupational safety and health citations with penalties in excess of $2,500;
- Approving the issuance of cease and desist orders and penalties for youth employment law violations;
- Promulgating agency rules;
- Authorizing the self-insurance authority for individual employers and workers' compensation pools;
- Licensing of employment agencies, career counseling services, talent, and modeling firms;
- Establishing a Physicians' and Pharmaceutical Fee Schedule on an annual basis;
- Approving penalties for employers who fail to provide workers' compensation insurance for their employees;
- Acting on requests from injured workers to commute their monthly workers' compensation awards to lump sum amounts;
- Acting on occupational safety and health discrimination complaints;
- Establishing the annual tax assessment rates on workers' compensation premiums to fund the agency and Special Fund;
Commission meetings, except for Executive Sessions, are open to the public and subject to the open meeting laws. The time and location of each meeting are published in the agenda for that meeting. Agendas are published at least 24 hours in advance of each meeting and are available for download on this web site. Minutes are kept of each meeting and are also available for download on this web site or by contacting the Commission Secretary at (602) 542-4411.