Public Meeting Notices
|2015 Wage Info|
• AMW Statutory
Max - $4,337.82
• Arizona Minimum Wage - $8.05
• Get Info:2015 Az Minimum Wage
• Get Info:2015 Az AMW Max
at the ICA
- 03/02/15: The 2015 Physicians' & Pharmaceutical Fee Schedule Hearing will be held on Thursday, April 30, 2015 at 1:00 PM - click here for information
- 12/04/14: Commission to Consider Adoption of Treatment Guideline Process. For more information, click here.
- 03/25/15: Contract for RFP INDCOM15-00004723 has been cancelled and will be resolicited - full details here.
- 03/06/15: ICA Issues Notice to WC Stakeholders Regarding Directed Care - details here
- 02/06/15: Federal OSHA Rejects Arizona's Residential Fall Protection Standards - details here
- 01/27/15: Training Webinars in Claims Handling & Processing for Spring 2015 are here! [Sorry - Apr Webinar is full!] - click here for remaining dates.
- 01/20/14: AZ Medical Data Report for Service Year 2013 now available - details here
- 12/16/14: Commission makes corrections to reimbursement values of Medicine Codes added to 2014 Fee Schedule - click here for more information
- 12/09/14: Coming Soon! New Domain Name for Industrial Commission of Arizona. - details here
- 12/04/14: NCCI Announces Workers Comp Coverage Verification Service Mobile App! - details here
- 10/20/14: Commission announces Admin & Special Fund Assessment Rates for CY 2015
- 10/17/14: Commission announces Arizona minimum wage of $8.05 for CY 2015
- 10/17/14: ADOSH adds training classes on Ebola Resources and Fall Protection in Construction. Get revised training schedule in latest edition of the Advocate here.
- 09/26/14: Commission submits written comments on Federal OSHA's proposed rejection of State initiated plan change and reconsideration of final approval of state plan, 79 Fed. Reg. 49465 (August 21, 2014). Click here to read.
- 09/23/14: Commission Corrects Code in Surgery Fee Schedule. Click here for details.
- 09/04/14: Commission posts 2014-2015 Physicians' and Pharmaceutical Fee Schedule (Eff Oct 1, 2014) - sign in here to access it
- 08/20/14: Federal OSHA extends comment period for proposed amendments to recordkeeping regulations to October 14, 2014. For more information, click here.
- 08/01/14: Commission posts 2014 Summary of Commission Action regarding Physicians' and Pharmaceutical Fee Schedule.
- 07/02/14: Annual ICA Claims Seminar (Aug 14-15) is fast approaching and there are deadlines for room and registration! Details here.
- 06/26/14: Commission adopts AMW Statutory Max for CY 2015: $4,337.82 - details here
- 05/23/14: Cool off at the ADOSH Summer Safety Summit in Flagstaff July 23-24 at Sinagua Middle School! OSHA 10-hour classes and over 24 safety presentations planned for Arizona's employers and employees! - details here
- 05/12/14: Annual ICA Claims Seminar is scheduled for August 14-15, 2014 at the Wigwam Resort Hotel in Litchfield Park, AZ. Details now available . . .
- 04/14/14: The Special Fund Insolvent Carrier (SB1310) report has been updated. To view updated report, click here. To view original report see Recent News entry for 12/12/13 below.
- 04/03/14: SCF Companies Become CopperPoint. Details here.
- 03/20/14: Federal OSHA threatens action against Arizona state OSHA plan. Click here to read letter.
- 12/12/13: Special Fund Insolvent Carrier (SB1310) To view report, click here. This report has been updated. To view update, see 04/14/14 Recent News entry above.
- 07/10/13: Commission adopts AMW Statutory Max for CY 2014: $4,256.94
- 02/11/13: The Claims Division has developed a procedure for Change of Physician Requests under A.R.S. § 23-1062.02. - details here
- 10/31/12: Claims Division Revises AMW Procedure Effective Dec 3, 2012
- 06/11/12: 2010 Census of Fatal Occupational Injuries [Revised] Available
- 04/27/12: Commission recognizes National Workers' Memorial Day
- 11/22/11: OSHA Videos Now Available: Preventing Construction Worksite Hazards
- 10/14/11: Commission announces Arizona minimum wage for CY 2012
- 07/06/11: New Cranes and Derricks, Hexavalent Chromium, and Steel Erection Safety Standards
History and Funding of the Industrial Commission of Arizona
Tucson: 2675 East Broadway, Tucson AZ 85716 - Phone: (520) 628-5188 (ALJ)
Click for Phone List of ICA Divisions
The Industrial Commission of Arizona (ICA) is a regulatory agency that was created
in 1925 as a result of legislation implementing the constitutional provisions establishing
a workers' compensation system.
From 1925 to 1969, the workers' compensation system consisted of the State Compensation Fund, which was then a part of the Industrial Commission, and self-insured employers which generally comprised the mining and the railroad companies. In 1969 the workers' compensation system reorganized and expanded to include private insurance companies. The State Compensation Fund was split off from the Industrial Commission and established as a separate agency responsible for providing workers' compensation insurance coverage. The Industrial Commission retained both its responsibility as the file of record and its regulatory authority over the processing of workers' compensation claims. Since that time, the role of the Industrial Commission has been expanded to cover other labor-related issues such as occupational safety and health, youth employment laws, resolution of wage-related disputes, minimum wage, vocational rehabilitation, workers' compensation coverage for claimants of uininsured employers, insolvent insurance carriers, and self-insured employers.
The policy-setting body for the ICA is a five-member Commission whose members are appointed by the Governor and confirmed by the Senate to staggered five-year terms. The Commission oversees an Agency with approximately 307 employees and an FY10 operational budget of approximately $19.8 million. As a non-general fund agency, the Industrial Commission is funded by an annual tax on workers' compensation premiums that cannot exceed 3%.