Public Meeting Notices
|2016 Wage Info|
• AMW Statutory
Max - $4,428.91
• Arizona Minimum Wage - $8.05
• Get Info:2015 Az Minimum Wage
• Get Info:2016 Az Minimum Wage
• Get Info:2015 Az AMW Max
• Get Info:2016 Az AMW Max
at the ICA
- 03/08/16: The 2016 Physicians' & Pharmaceutical Fee Schedule Hearing was held on Thursday, April 28, 2016 at 1:00 PM - click here for information
- 04/25/16: ADOSH hosts seminar on rights & responsibilities of employers before and after an inspection - read the Press Release!
- 04/19/16: ICA Directorate and Commissioners visit VPP Star Raytheon Missile Systems - read the Press Release!
- 04/04/2016: Save the Dates! The Annual Claims Seminar will be held Aug 11-12, 2016 at the Phoenix Hyatt Regency. Details here soon.
- 03/18/16: ICA Day at the Capitol (Mar 14, 2016) a Huge Success! - read the Press Release!
- 03/03/14: AZ Medical Data Report for Service Year 2014 now available - get it here
- 02/22/15: ADOSH Announces 2016 Southern AZ Area Safety Summit in Marana - Apr 13-14 - details here
- 02/05/16: Palo Verde Nuclear Plant Recertified with VPP Star Status by ADOSH - details here
- 01/28/16: Commission publishes revised Notice of Claim Status (Form 104 - Rev 01/2016) - use of new form is mandatory effective March 1, 2016. Details here.
- 01/13/16: Training Webinars in Claims Handling & Processing for Spring 2016 are full! The Fall 2016 schedule will be placed at this link when available.
- 12/22/15: Medical Resource Office [MRO] added to website! Click here to visit.
- 10/16/15: Commission announces Admin & Special Fund Assessment Rates for CY 2016
- 10/15/15: Commission announces Arizona minimum wage will remain $8.05 for CY 2016
- 08/20/15: Claims Division revises internal AMW procedure effective August 24, 2015 - click here for notice
- 07/31/15: Commission posts 2015 Summary of Commission Action regarding Physicians' and Pharmaceutical Fee Schedule.
- 06/29/15: Commission publishes revised Forms 110-A and 110-B - use is required effective July 3, 2015 - click here for details
- 05/22/15: Commission adopts AMW Statutory Max for CY 2016: $4,428.91 - details here
- 05/22/15: On May 22, 2015, Governor Ducey appointed Dale L. Schultz Chairman of the Industrial Commission of Arizona. To review Chairman Schultz's biography, and the biographies of the other commissioners, click here.
- 03/06/15: ICA Issues Notice to WC Stakeholders Regarding Directed Care - details here
- 02/06/15: Federal OSHA Rejects Arizona's Residential Fall Protection Standards - details here
- 12/04/14: NCCI Announces Workers Comp Coverage Verification Service Mobile App! - details here
- 10/17/14: ADOSH adds training classes on Ebola Resources and Fall Protection in Construction. Get revised training schedule in latest edition of the Advocate here.
- 09/23/14: Commission Corrects Code in Surgery Fee Schedule. Click here for details.
- 04/14/14: The Special Fund Insolvent Carrier (SB1310) report has been updated. To view updated report, click here. To view original report see Recent News entry for 12/12/13 below.
- 02/11/13: The Claims Division has developed a procedure for Change of Physician Requests under A.R.S. § 23-1062.02. - details here
- 10/31/12: Claims Division Revises AMW Procedure Effective Dec 3, 2012
- 11/22/11: OSHA Videos Now Available: Preventing Construction Worksite Hazards
- 07/06/11: New Cranes and Derricks, Hexavalent Chromium, and Steel Erection Safety Standards
Karen Axsom, Director
Phoenix: 800 W Washington St, Phoenix AZ 85007 - Phone: (602) 542-4515
Tucson: 2675 East Broadway, Tucson AZ 85716 - Phone: (520) 628-5459
Click for Phone List of ICA Divisions
Substantive Policy Statement Regarding Interpretation of “Hours Worked” For Purposes of the Arizona Minimum Wage Act
The Industrial Commission of Arizona is given the authority to enforce and implement the “Raise the Arizona Minimum Wage for Working Arizonans Act”. A.R.S. § 23-364(A). For purposes of enforcement and implementation of this Act, in interpreting and determining “hours worked” under this Act, and where consistent with A.A.C. R20-5-1201 et seq. (Arizona Minimum Wage Act Practice and Procedure), the Industrial Commission of Arizona will be guided by and rely upon 29 CFR Part 785 – Hours Worked Under the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938, which includes the following subparts of 29 CFR 785:
29 CFR § 785.21:
29 CFR § 785.22:
(b) Interruptions of sleep. If the sleeping period is interrupted by a call to duty, the interruption must be counted as hours worked. If the period is interrupted to such an extent that the employee cannot get a reasonable night's sleep, the entire period must be counted. For enforcement purposes, the Divisions have adopted the rule that if the employee cannot get at least 5 hours' sleep during the scheduled period the entire time is working time.
This substantive policy statement is limited to the Commission’s interpretation of “hours worked” and is intended to qualify as an interpretation under A.R.S. § 23-365. As a substantive policy statement, the Commission’s interpretation is advisory only and has no application to, nor is it intended to affect or change, the policies, rules, and statutes enforced by other state or federal agencies that apply to employees under those respective policies, rules, and statutes, including the FLSA.
1This substantive policy statement is advisory only. A substantive policy statement does not include internal procedural documents that only affect the internal procedures of the agency and does not impose additional requirements or penalties on regulated parties or include confidential information or rules made in accordance with the Arizona administrative procedure act. If you believe that this substantive policy statement does impose additional requirements or penalties on regulated parties you may petition the agency under Arizona Revised Statutes section 41-1033 for a review of the statement.