Public Meeting Notices
|2013 Wage Info|
• AMW Statutory
Max - $4,185.78
• Arizona Minimum Wage - $7.80
• Get Info:2014 Az Minimum Wage
• Get Info:2014 Az AMW Max
at the ICA
- 12/02/13: Training Webinars in Claims Handling & Processing - 2014 Schedule Now Available! [Dec 13-14, 2013 is full] - details here
- 10/17/13: Commission announces Arizona minimum wage of $7.90 for CY 2014
- 09/05/13: Admin & Special Fund Assessment Rates for CY 2014
- 09/03/13: Commission posts 2013-2014 Physicians' and Pharmaceutical Fee Schedule (Eff Oct 1, 2013) - sign in here to access it
- 08/12/13: > AZ Medical Data Report for Service Year 2011 now available. Click here to browse or download.
- 08/01/13: Commission posts 2013 Summary of Commission Action regarding Physicians' and Pharmaceutical Fee Schedule.
- 07/10/13: Commission adopts AMW Statutory Max for CY 2014: $4,256.94
- 02/11/13: The Claims Division has developed a procedure for Change of Physician Requests under A.R.S. § 23-1062.02. - details here
- 10/31/12: Claims Division Revises AMW Procedure Effective Dec 3, 2012
- 06/11/12: 2010 Census of Fatal Occupational Injuries [Revised] Available
- 04/27/12: Commission recognizes National Workers' Memorial Day
- 03/29/12: New Arizona-Specific Residential Fall Protection Effective March 27, 2012 - details here
- 11/22/11: OSHA Videos Now Available: Preventing Construction Worksite Hazards
- 10/14/11: Commission announces Arizona minimum wage for CY 2012
- 07/06/11: New Cranes and Derricks, Hexavalent Chromium, and Steel Erection Safety Standards
Karen Axsom, Director
Phoenix: 800 W Washington St, Phoenix AZ 85007 - Phone: (602) 542-4515
Tucson: 2675 East Broadway, Tucson AZ 85716 - Phone: (520) 628-5459
Click for Phone List of ICA Divisions
Labor Department - Private Employment AgenciesUnder Arizona law (A.R.S. § 23-521 et seq.), private employment agencies that charge fees to applicants are licensed and regulated by the State Department of Labor. The State Department of Labor investigates the background of each firm applying for a license. Based on the investigation, the Employment Advisory Council recommends approval or denial of a license to the Commission.
All persons determined by the Commission to be involved in the management and supervision of the proposed agency, and any of its branches or divisions, must pass a written examination. The test is designed to demonstrate knowledge of the Employment Agency Statutes and Rules, the State Civil Rights Act, Unemployment Insurance Laws, and Workers’ Compensation Laws.
The Industrial Commission administratively approves or denies the license. An appeal of the administrative decision may be brought before the five member Commission through an administrative hearing. The Commission’s decision is appealable to superior court. The types of private employment agencies that are licensed by the department include placement agencies, career counseling firms, model and talent agencies, domestic service agencies, and sitter services.
Please check this page periodically for the most current updates on the program.