s Labor - Wage Claims - Frequently Asked Questions
Protection of life, health, safety, and welfare of Arizona’s most valuable assets

Location of
Public Meeting Notices

2016 Wage Info
•  AMW Statutory Max - $4,428.91

•  Arizona Minimum Wage - $8.05
(no change from 2015)

•  Get Info:2015 Az Minimum Wage
•  Get Info:2016 Az Minimum Wage
•  Get Info:2015 Az AMW Max
•  Get Info:2016 Az AMW Max

Job Opportunities
at the ICA

Public Notices

Recent News & Events

Labor Department

Karen Axsom, Director
Email: LaborAdmin@azica.gov
Phoenix: 800 W Washington St, Phoenix AZ 85007 - Phone: (602) 542-4515
Tucson: 2675 East Broadway, Tucson AZ 85716 - Phone: (520) 628-5459

Click for Phone List of ICA Divisions

Frequently Asked Questions about Wage Claims
Click on any question to open up a window with the answer. To close a window, click on its question again. You may have multiple windows open at once.
  1. How long does an investigation through the Labor Department take?
  2. Why does it take so long to investigate a wage claim?
  3. What happens if the employer does not respond to the claim?
  4. What happens if the employer does respond to the claim?
  5. Does the Labor Department hold meetings with both parties?
  6. What are the possible results of wage claim investigations by the Department?
  7. What happens if either party disagrees with the Department’s determination?
  8. What happens if the employer does not pay the Department’s determination?
  9. What happens if my former employer files bankruptcy?
Rev 11/2015