Public Meeting Notices
|2013 Wage Info|
• AMW Statutory
Max - $4,185.78
• Arizona Minimum Wage - $7.80
• Get Info:2014 Az Minimum Wage
• Get Info:2014 Az AMW Max
at the ICA
- 12/12/13: Special Fund Insolvent Carrier (SB1310) Report now available - download here
- 12/02/13: Training Webinars in Claims Handling & Processing - 2014 Schedule Now Available! - details here
- 10/17/13: Commission announces Arizona minimum wage of $7.90 for CY 2014
- 09/05/13: Admin & Special Fund Assessment Rates for CY 2014
- 09/03/13: Commission posts 2013-2014 Physicians' and Pharmaceutical Fee Schedule (Eff Oct 1, 2013) - sign in here to access it
- 08/12/13: > AZ Medical Data Report for Service Year 2011 now available. Click here to browse or download.
- 08/01/13: Commission posts 2013 Summary of Commission Action regarding Physicians' and Pharmaceutical Fee Schedule.
- 07/10/13: Commission adopts AMW Statutory Max for CY 2014: $4,256.94
- 02/11/13: The Claims Division has developed a procedure for Change of Physician Requests under A.R.S. § 23-1062.02. - details here
- 10/31/12: Claims Division Revises AMW Procedure Effective Dec 3, 2012
- 06/11/12: 2010 Census of Fatal Occupational Injuries [Revised] Available
- 04/27/12: Commission recognizes National Workers' Memorial Day
- 03/29/12: New Arizona-Specific Residential Fall Protection Effective March 27, 2012 - details here
- 11/22/11: OSHA Videos Now Available: Preventing Construction Worksite Hazards
- 10/14/11: Commission announces Arizona minimum wage for CY 2012
- 07/06/11: New Cranes and Derricks, Hexavalent Chromium, and Steel Erection Safety Standards
Special Fund Division
David Sosa, Special Fund Manager
Phoenix: 800 W Washington St, Phoenix AZ 85007 - Phone: (602) 542-3294
FAX - (602) 542-3696
The mission statement of the Special Fund Division is to efficiently provide various
workers’ compensation benefits to injured workers in accordance with applicable
laws and rules.
The Special Fund is a "trust fund" that was legislatively created in 1969 for the express purpose of providing workers’ compensation benefits in the following areas:
The Legal Division represents the Special Fund in the collection of all monies owed.
The ICA, through its No Insurance Section of the Special Fund Division, will process the workers’ compensation claim filed by an employee against an uninsured employer. The Special Fund will pay medical and compensation benefits to the injured employee.
Eventually, the No Insurance Section will issue one or more awards against the uninsured employer reflecting the employer’s liability to the Special Fund. These awards, like judgments, can be filed and recorded against the uninsured employer.
A recorded award acts as a lien and attaches to the uninsured employer’s real property. A Writ of Garnishment or Writ of Execution can be issued on the underlying award.
The Legal Division refers delinquent accounts to outside collection agents, including the Office of the Attorney General, Tax Section. The Legal Division and its outside collection agents can and do use all legally permissible collection methods to collect money owed by an uninsured employer.