Public Meeting Notices
|2015 Wage Info|
• AMW Statutory
Max - $4,337.82
• Arizona Minimum Wage - $8.05
• Get Info:2015 Az Minimum Wage
• Get Info:2015 Az AMW Max
• Get Info:2016 Az AMW Max
at the ICA
- 04/09/15: Commission recognizes National Workers' Memorial Day - see resolution
- 09/25/15: ADOSH Announces 2015 Phoenix Area Safety Summit in Glendale - Nov 4-5 - details here
- 09/21/15: Training Webinars in Claims Handling & Processing for Fall 2015 and early Spring 2016 are set up but Oct/Nov/Dec 2015 webinars are full ! Click here for registration information about remaining dates !
- 08/20/15: Claims Division revises internal AMW procedure effective August 24, 2015 - click here for notice
- 08/17/15: Commission publishes revised Notice of Claim Status (Form 104) - use of new form is mandatory effective November 2, 2015 - click here for details
- 07/31/15: Commission posts 2015 Summary of Commission Action regarding Physicians' and Pharmaceutical Fee Schedule.
- 06/29/15: Commission publishes revised Forms 110-A and 110-B - use is required effective July 3, 2015 - click here for details
- 05/22/15: Commission adopts AMW Statutory Max for CY 2016: $4,428.91 - details here
- 05/22/15: On May 22, 2015, Governor Ducey appointed Dale L. Schultz Chairman of the Industrial Commission of Arizona. To review Chairman Schultz's biography, and the biographies of the other commissioners, click here.
- 03/06/15: ICA Issues Notice to WC Stakeholders Regarding Directed Care - details here
- 02/06/15: Federal OSHA Rejects Arizona's Residential Fall Protection Standards - details here
- 01/20/14: AZ Medical Data Report for Service Year 2013 now available - details here
- 12/16/14: Commission makes corrections to reimbursement values of Medicine Codes added to 2014 Fee Schedule - click here for more information
- 12/09/14: Coming Soon! New Domain Name for Industrial Commission of Arizona. - details here
- 12/04/14: NCCI Announces Workers Comp Coverage Verification Service Mobile App! - details here
- 10/20/14: Commission announces Admin & Special Fund Assessment Rates for CY 2015
- 10/17/14: Commission announces Arizona minimum wage of $8.05 for CY 2015
- 10/17/14: ADOSH adds training classes on Ebola Resources and Fall Protection in Construction. Get revised training schedule in latest edition of the Advocate here.
- 09/23/14: Commission Corrects Code in Surgery Fee Schedule. Click here for details.
- 04/14/14: The Special Fund Insolvent Carrier (SB1310) report has been updated. To view updated report, click here. To view original report see Recent News entry for 12/12/13 below.
- 02/11/13: The Claims Division has developed a procedure for Change of Physician Requests under A.R.S. § 23-1062.02. - details here
- 10/31/12: Claims Division Revises AMW Procedure Effective Dec 3, 2012
- 11/22/11: OSHA Videos Now Available: Preventing Construction Worksite Hazards
- 07/06/11: New Cranes and Derricks, Hexavalent Chromium, and Steel Erection Safety Standards
Special Fund Division
David Sosa, Special Fund Manager
Phoenix: 800 W Washington St, Phoenix AZ 85007 - Phone: (602) 542-3294
FAX - (602) 542-3696
The mission statement of the Special Fund Division is to efficiently provide various
workers’ compensation benefits to injured workers in accordance with applicable
laws and rules.
The Special Fund is a "trust fund" that was legislatively created in 1969 for the express purpose of providing workers’ compensation benefits in the following areas:
The Legal Division represents the Special Fund in the collection of all monies owed.
The ICA, through its No Insurance Section of the Special Fund Division, will process the workers’ compensation claim filed by an employee against an uninsured employer. The Special Fund will pay medical and compensation benefits to the injured employee.
Eventually, the No Insurance Section will issue one or more awards against the uninsured employer reflecting the employer’s liability to the Special Fund. These awards, like judgments, can be filed and recorded against the uninsured employer.
A recorded award acts as a lien and attaches to the uninsured employer’s real property. A Writ of Garnishment or Writ of Execution can be issued on the underlying award.
The Legal Division refers delinquent accounts to outside collection agents, including the Office of the Attorney General, Tax Section. The Legal Division and its outside collection agents can and do use all legally permissible collection methods to collect money owed by an uninsured employer.