Public Meeting Notices
|2016 Wage Info|
• AMW Statutory
Max - $4,428.91
• Arizona Minimum Wage - $8.05
• Get Info:2015 Az Minimum Wage
• Get Info:2016 Az Minimum Wage
• Get Info:2015 Az AMW Max
• Get Info:2016 Az AMW Max
at the ICA
- 03/08/16: The 2016 Physicians' & Pharmaceutical Fee Schedule Hearing was held on Thursday, April 28, 2016 at 1:00 PM - click here for information
- 08/18/16: Claims Division Manager Molly Jones recognized for completion of 2016 IAIABC Foundations Program - details here
- 06/02/16: Kitchell Contractors awarded for excellence in safety - read the Press Release!
- 04/25/16: ADOSH hosts seminar on rights & responsibilities of employers before and after an inspection - read the Press Release!
- 04/19/16: ICA Directorate and Commissioners visit VPP Star Raytheon Missile Systems - read the Press Release!
- 03/18/16: ICA Day at the Capitol (Mar 14, 2016) a Huge Success! - read the Press Release!
- 03/03/14: AZ Medical Data Report for Service Year 2014 now available - get it here
- 02/05/16: Palo Verde Nuclear Plant Recertified with VPP Star Status by ADOSH - details here
- 01/28/16: Commission publishes revised Notice of Claim Status (Form 104 - Rev 01/2016) - use of new form is mandatory effective March 1, 2016. Details here.
- 01/13/16: Training Webinars in Claims Handling & Processing for Spring 2016 are full! The Fall 2016 schedule will be placed at this link when available.
- 12/22/15: Medical Resource Office [MRO] added to website! Click here to visit.
- 10/16/15: Commission announces Admin & Special Fund Assessment Rates for CY 2016
- 10/15/15: Commission announces Arizona minimum wage will remain $8.05 for CY 2016
- 08/20/15: Claims Division revises internal AMW procedure effective August 24, 2015 - click here for notice
- 07/31/15: Commission posts 2015 Summary of Commission Action regarding Physicians' and Pharmaceutical Fee Schedule.
- 06/29/15: Commission publishes revised Forms 110-A and 110-B - use is required effective July 3, 2015 - click here for details
- 05/22/15: Commission adopts AMW Statutory Max for CY 2016: $4,428.91 - details here
- 05/22/15: On May 22, 2015, Governor Ducey appointed Dale L. Schultz Chairman of the Industrial Commission of Arizona. To review Chairman Schultz's biography, and the biographies of the other commissioners, click here.
- 03/06/15: ICA Issues Notice to WC Stakeholders Regarding Directed Care - details here
- 02/06/15: Federal OSHA Rejects Arizona's Residential Fall Protection Standards - details here
- 12/04/14: NCCI Announces Workers Comp Coverage Verification Service Mobile App! - details here
- 10/17/14: ADOSH adds training classes on Ebola Resources and Fall Protection in Construction. Get revised training schedule in latest edition of the Advocate here.
- 09/23/14: Commission Corrects Code in Surgery Fee Schedule. Click here for details.
- 04/14/14: The Special Fund Insolvent Carrier (SB1310) report has been updated. To view updated report, click here. To view original report see Recent News entry for 12/12/13 below.
- 02/11/13: The Claims Division has developed a procedure for Change of Physician Requests under A.R.S. § 23-1062.02. - details here
- 10/31/12: Claims Division Revises AMW Procedure Effective Dec 3, 2012
- 11/22/11: OSHA Videos Now Available: Preventing Construction Worksite Hazards
- 07/06/11: New Cranes and Derricks, Hexavalent Chromium, and Steel Erection Safety Standards
Special Fund Division
Ruby Tate, Special Fund Manager
Phoenix: 800 W Washington St, Phoenix AZ 85007 - Phone: (602) 542-3294
FAX - (602) 542-3696
The mission statement of the Special Fund Division is to efficiently provide various
workers’ compensation benefits to injured workers in accordance with applicable
laws and rules.
The Special Fund is a "trust fund" that was legislatively created in 1969 for the express purpose of providing workers’ compensation benefits in the following areas:
The Legal Division represents the Special Fund in the collection of all monies owed.
The ICA, through its No Insurance Section of the Special Fund Division, will process the workers’ compensation claim filed by an employee against an uninsured employer. The Special Fund will pay medical and compensation benefits to the injured employee.
Eventually, the No Insurance Section will issue one or more awards against the uninsured employer reflecting the employer’s liability to the Special Fund. These awards, like judgments, can be filed and recorded against the uninsured employer.
A recorded award acts as a lien and attaches to the uninsured employer’s real property. A Writ of Garnishment or Writ of Execution can be issued on the underlying award.
The Legal Division refers delinquent accounts to outside collection agents, including the Office of the Attorney General, Tax Section. The Legal Division and its outside collection agents can and do use all legally permissible collection methods to collect money owed by an uninsured employer.