Public Meeting Notices
|2015 Wage Info|
• AMW Statutory
Max - $4,337.82
• Arizona Minimum Wage - $8.05
• Get Info:2015 Az Minimum Wage
• Get Info:2015 Az AMW Max
at the ICA
- 12/04/14: Commission to Consider Adoption of Treatment Guideline Process. For more information, click here.
- 01/27/15: Training Webinars in Claims Handling & Processing for Spring 2015 are here! [Sorry - Feb Webinar is full!] - click here for dates.
- 01/20/14: AZ Medical Data Report for Service Year 2013 now available - details here
- 12/16/14: Commission makes corrections to reimbursement values of Medicine Codes added to 2014 Fee Schedule - click here for more information
- 12/09/14: Coming Soon! New Domain Name for Industrial Commission of Arizona. - details here
- 12/04/14: NCCI Announces Workers Comp Coverage Verification Service Mobile App! - details here
- 10/20/14: Commission announces Admin & Special Fund Assessment Rates for CY 2015
- 10/17/14: Commission announces Arizona minimum wage of $8.05 for CY 2015
- 10/17/14: ADOSH adds training classes on Ebola Resources and Fall Protection in Construction. Get revised training schedule in latest edition of the Advocate here.
- 09/26/14: Commission submits written comments on Federal OSHA's proposed rejection of State initiated plan change and reconsideration of final approval of state plan, 79 Fed. Reg. 49465 (August 21, 2014). Click here to read.
- 09/23/14: Commission Corrects Code in Surgery Fee Schedule. Click here for details.
- 09/04/14: Commission posts 2014-2015 Physicians' and Pharmaceutical Fee Schedule (Eff Oct 1, 2014) - sign in here to access it
- 08/20/14: Federal OSHA extends comment period for proposed amendments to recordkeeping regulations to October 14, 2014. For more information, click here.
- 08/01/14: Commission posts 2014 Summary of Commission Action regarding Physicians' and Pharmaceutical Fee Schedule.
- 07/02/14: Annual ICA Claims Seminar (Aug 14-15) is fast approaching and there are deadlines for room and registration! Details here.
- 06/26/14: Commission adopts AMW Statutory Max for CY 2015: $4,337.82 - details here
- 05/23/14: Cool off at the ADOSH Summer Safety Summit in Flagstaff July 23-24 at Sinagua Middle School! OSHA 10-hour classes and over 24 safety presentations planned for Arizona's employers and employees! - details here
- 05/12/14: Annual ICA Claims Seminar is scheduled for August 14-15, 2014 at the Wigwam Resort Hotel in Litchfield Park, AZ. Details now available . . .
- 04/14/14: The Special Fund Insolvent Carrier (SB1310) report has been updated. To view updated report, click here. To view original report see Recent News entry for 12/12/13 below.
- 04/03/14: SCF Companies Become CopperPoint. Details here.
- 03/20/14: Federal OSHA threatens action against Arizona state OSHA plan. Click here to read letter.
- 12/12/13: Special Fund Insolvent Carrier (SB1310) To view report, click here. This report has been updated. To view update, see 04/14/14 Recent News entry above.
- 07/10/13: Commission adopts AMW Statutory Max for CY 2014: $4,256.94
- 02/11/13: The Claims Division has developed a procedure for Change of Physician Requests under A.R.S. § 23-1062.02. - details here
- 10/31/12: Claims Division Revises AMW Procedure Effective Dec 3, 2012
- 06/11/12: 2010 Census of Fatal Occupational Injuries [Revised] Available
- 04/27/12: Commission recognizes National Workers' Memorial Day
- 11/22/11: OSHA Videos Now Available: Preventing Construction Worksite Hazards
- 10/14/11: Commission announces Arizona minimum wage for CY 2012
- 07/06/11: New Cranes and Derricks, Hexavalent Chromium, and Steel Erection Safety Standards
Special Fund Division
David Sosa, Special Fund Manager
Phoenix: 800 W Washington St, Phoenix AZ 85007 - Phone: (602) 542-3294
FAX - (602) 542-3696
The mission statement of the Special Fund Division is to efficiently provide various
workers’ compensation benefits to injured workers in accordance with applicable
laws and rules.
The Special Fund is a "trust fund" that was legislatively created in 1969 for the express purpose of providing workers’ compensation benefits in the following areas:
The Legal Division represents the Special Fund in the collection of all monies owed.
The ICA, through its No Insurance Section of the Special Fund Division, will process the workers’ compensation claim filed by an employee against an uninsured employer. The Special Fund will pay medical and compensation benefits to the injured employee.
Eventually, the No Insurance Section will issue one or more awards against the uninsured employer reflecting the employer’s liability to the Special Fund. These awards, like judgments, can be filed and recorded against the uninsured employer.
A recorded award acts as a lien and attaches to the uninsured employer’s real property. A Writ of Garnishment or Writ of Execution can be issued on the underlying award.
The Legal Division refers delinquent accounts to outside collection agents, including the Office of the Attorney General, Tax Section. The Legal Division and its outside collection agents can and do use all legally permissible collection methods to collect money owed by an uninsured employer.